Saturday, August 11, 2012

Strolling the Waterways


Venturing along the nearby waterway from where we are staying, it took about an hour to walk into the Oxford City Centre. With the sun shining it was a relaxing way to travel to the city. Along the way were cyclists, joggers and others power walking along the waterway tow path.

For me, I chose to amble along not knowing just quite where I was going and hoping that I had taken the correct turn to get me into the city.


What a wonderful backyard this would be to have at your doorstep.


A different and almost romantic way to live, I passed several people who looked dressed for work alighting from their boat to walk into Oxford's City Centre.


But not all is idyllic. I have always had a romantic notion of the longboats on British waterways. However along this route were a number of long term moorings and like the one below not all were in top class condition. Some needed lots of love and care while others were loaded with their owners' tools of trade.


Almost into Oxford.


10 comments:

  1. Seriously, I am surprised that you got water in Perth! In the water ways. Looks as muddy as Yarra in melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous walk along the tow-path ... with much to see along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lush and green. Keep 'em coming Rae.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful place. Nice shots Rae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of a wonderful holiday I had in England on the waterways back in the 80s. Currently thinking of a trip to your normal stamping ground WA, next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 3rd one is my favourite among those beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me feel homesick for England!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite look like an abandoned place that is a perfect set for a gruesome horror movie or some monster related genre. How beautiful to stroll places like those.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely set of pictures, Rae. I'm glad you got to see at least some of our fleeting summer!

    ReplyDelete