Monday, August 27, 2012

Along the Thames Path


After my wonderful time in Bath, it was back to Oxford and preparing to leave for Leeds then onto Scotland. Before we left though, there was the opportunity to walk along the Thames Path into Oxford to pick up a hire car. For a long time I have had a dream of walking at least part of this pathway and this was the moment. 

During my time in England I continue to be amazed by green. Green is everywhere and so are the farm animals. This scene is not far from our hotel. It is not that far from Oxford either.

The juxtaposition of rural and urban life is refreshing. 

It was a pity that I did not have my other lens with me - too heavy to carry all that way. Look carefully at this photo to see what looks like a two headed horse! 

4 comments:

  1. I am green with envy. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful reflection Rae. A two headed horse! Now there's something you don't see every day. Chuckle. Looking forward to seeing Scotland through your lens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous walk Rae, that was what I noticed the most too..all the GREEN. Especially after a long dry summer in Oz!

    ReplyDelete