Monday, July 16, 2012

Longboard Lovers at Cottesloe Beach Over the Weekend


Whilst I was distracted by this young girl picking flowers on the cliff top at Cottesloe Beach, there were many long board lovers keeping their eyes on the sea for the Whalebone Classic held at Iso's Reef this weekend. 

The Classic's field was 190 strong although I am not sure that the waves were as exciting as competitors may have hoped. Then again surfing is not quite my thing although taking time to be by the beach certainly is a favourite pastime.  


8 comments:

  1. Another fine image Rae. I think your on to something with your idea of an Oz bloggers exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I think that it could be wonderful to meet up and to put together an exhibition. There is just so much talent amongst the group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous image Rae, she's totally absorbed in her task here. I agree about the beach..fun to walk along in most weather, but I think apart from paddling that's it for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very charming scene; children playing is always so nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete