Saturday, June 23, 2012

Nature's Lace


It has been a long time since I have been to the wetlands at Perry Lakes. So today it was time for me to put on my waterproof boots and get out and about in the early morning light.

While I arrived a little later than intended the mist was still rising off the land and swampy wetland waters. Shrugging off the night, the morning sun made the landscape vibrant and alive and danced across last night's dew drops. Despite my initial inclination to remain in my snug bed it was a wonderful way to start the day.  

8 comments:

  1. So delicate yet so strong. Wonderful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rae I admire you so much for your ability to capture magnificent images. I love watching them pop up in my blog feed and always think I MUST pop over and say so (apologies for not getting here sooner). I admire you even more for yoru ability to get out of a toasty warm bed on these cold, cold mornings. Keep well and photographing, just love your work Rae!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope some of that magnificent blue sky makes it over to Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the reasons why I love to stay here. Perth is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well done Rae, as you say the mornings are soooo chilly, kudos to you for getting up so early. Such a beautiful image, well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rae, you're on fire! Another keeper:-)

    ReplyDelete