Friday, May 11, 2012

Kwinana Industrial


Today I took off to Rockingham to see the Castaways Sculptures Award but was sidetracked by the afternoon light on this industrial area. As I stood snapping way the hissing sound of steam from a nearby section of this industrial plant filled the air.

The Kwinana Industrial area is about 30 mms south of Perth.  It was established in the 1950's and has a diverse range of industry from small processing plants to large, heavy process industries such as alumina, nickel and oil refineries.

Next stop was the sculpture awards; but more on that tomorrow.


9 comments:

  1. That place would stop me in my tracks...so unusual looking. Love the word "hissing."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if Anish Kapoor saw that when he set about designing his Orbit tower for the London Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, this image is absolutely made, by the fringe of wire grass in the foreground, Rae. Such a lovely textural contrast. A lovely burnished glow to the metal, and are they clouds ... ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great shot. It looks like a metal monster. Have a nice weekend Rae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great industrial shot, like some monstrous robot. Enjoy your weekend Rae.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is such a human quality to this industrial structure, and I do see a resemblance to Kapoor... love the tall grass in the foreground and the clouds which appear fabricated on the painted sky. Wonderful capture, Rae.

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, industrial stuff. One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Mark, looks like a giant robot in a science fiction movie Rae, excellent shot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the coolest! You find the most interesting subjects to photograph.

    ReplyDelete