Monday, May 7, 2012

Forgotten Bird Song in Angel Place


No doubt "Sydneyites" know this place well. For me though wandering through Sydney on my weekend there was the first time I had been to Angel Place. Amazing after all these years and long walks when visiting this glorious city.  Goes to show there is always something new to uncover no matter how familiar we become with a place.

As I passed under the Angel Place installation songs of birds that once inhabited this area filtered down from the canopy of cages. What a wonderful contrast it was to the surrounding urban architecture.

Back now in wintry Perth and as always it was wonderful to be away and just as good to return home.

More about the installation Forgotten Bird Song can be found at the City of Sydney - City Art website.

8 comments:

  1. This is definitely on my list of things to see later in the year when I get over to Sydney again, thanks for showing Rae, it must have been a sight (with sound) to see. Welcome home to the rain, great isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you nip down into the little slice of Paris that is Ash Street ending in the notorious Ivy Club? It is overhung with shadow from the tall buildings but does repay attention to detail and grabbing the little light that is available. I have some from my sojourn on Friday, which I might get to later this week for my QLD reader, Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unique, and this I will remember!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that still there? It was put up for Art and About a few years ago. Thought they usually took down those installations after Art and About was finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's fantastic! But a little sad as well ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply amazing, great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this shot. Makes me want to go there. Very interesting art, Rae.

    ReplyDelete