Saturday, April 28, 2012

Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour


The Fremantle Fishing Boat harbour is always a colourful place for action on the water as well as for a good feed of fish and chips. Although I visit this area regularly, until taking these photos I had not realised how many sculptures were on this small section of the boat harbour boardwalk. 

As for the installation below, amazingly I can't even recall seeing this rather well worn looking pooch before! 

How could I have missed it? Well usually this area is just so crowded with people. However it was the end of the day and people had already made their way home. So with camera in hand I was able to enjoy hanging about this popular spot without the normal hustle and bustle of the day.  



4 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Rae. Great images and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red sits well in the harbour .. adds that splash of colour against the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the pooch art. Street sculpture like this creates such interest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Rae, there are a lot of statues, my favorites are the fishermen on the docks. I must look out for the dog, haven't noticed him yet either! Love your Fremantle shots, it's such a great place to take photos.

    ReplyDelete