Monday, March 12, 2012

Perth from Kings Park


It's been a while since I have spent time in Kings Park. When I visited last week I was interested to see the changing Perth skyline especially with the new 46 storey building built by Brookfield Multiplex which will have BHP Billiton as the major tenant. It's the dark looking building with the open structure on the roof. There seem to be various nick names for the building, many of which are not complimentary. 

Whilst I had a closer look at the building when it was under construction, it has been a few months since I have walked around the base. 

Some of the architecture in Perth I find very unimaginative, poorly designed and given the location of some of the buildings, generally disappointing in its impact on the city. The architecture of the Perth Convention Centre would be one such building. So I am interested to see just how this building really does fit into the city's environment. After all these buildings are creating and changing the lifestyle of the city which I call home. 

2 comments: