Saturday, March 10, 2012

Morning Run


This morning, as on most Saturdays, I took to a well worn 3 kilometre track to the beach for my morning run. My plan was better to get it over and done with before the morning heat really set in. At least I could then feel that I was starting to get on track in preparing for the challenge of the half marathon in Melbourne in October. Our son (who is a runner) and his fiancee (who is a triathlete) are to do the whole marathon. For me, I quite like the idea of a challenge and half the distance would certainly be enough!

After all, after 3 k's there is only another 18 to go. Just one foot on front of the other. Problem is the weeks are ticking away already this year and my fitness is the lowest that it has been for a long time. I am sure the event will be looming before I know it!

I took this photo a couple of Saturdays' ago after the same run. There was so much activity on the beach that I came back down but this time with the camera. Despite the warm day - even then - I just liked the young boy amongst all this activity needing to take a bit of a break. And today, the blues of the ocean and sky are very cooling. Happy weekend! 

7 comments:

  1. Great kaleidoscope of colours in this scene. Looking forward to hearing more about the half marathon. Not something I could do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's such a lot happening in this image Rae, I love the way you've capture this young lad standing taking it all in. Good on you for running part of the marathon, you'll be fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your physical fitness! This photo makes me a bit jealous as I gaze out the cold, damp frozen tundra of Minnesota. It's a wonderful shot with the young lad as your focal point. Have a relaxing and wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful picture. His memories might last longer than the summer. A safe road ahead for you and do please take care of your knees while training/running. Please have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture Rae and good on you for signing up for a half marathon! I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete