Monday, February 20, 2012

Grand Lane from Barrack Street


With camera in hand, I really find it hard to walk past a lane way. Just love the elements - shadows and art pieces either bold and beautiful (or sometimes not so beautiful) and other gems hidden almost from view but conveying a feeling to the passerby of having stumbled on a real find. Given today's heat, I did not get out and about to see what would take my attention. So here is one taken last Saturday night in the city. Yes it's that grand dame again....Grand Lane but as it has an "L" shape to it, this time the pic is from Barrack Street. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice one Rae. I agree it is difficult to pass a lane way without taking a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be able to walk down that lane. Your photo makes it look very inviting. And, since the woman wears a sundress, the temperature must be pleasant..at least at night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shot Rae, I like the lights strung up towards the end of the lane, I really must pay more attention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes you wonder whether it was ever that "grand".

    ReplyDelete