Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tashi


I enjoyed meeting Tashi earlier this week, so even though I am now in Sydney decided to post this photo which was taken on Tuesday just before we left Melbourne. On most days you will find Tashi in Degraves Place where she designs and sells her beautiful hand made cards. Each card is designed individually and takes considerable time to make. A prolific artist, Tashi sells her cards by donation, an approach that she says works for her as well as her customers.

The alcove in which Tashi is sitting used to house a sculpture which unfortunately is now long gone. I always found it a rather interesting piece and have wondered where it disappeared to. 

11 comments:

  1. Very nice and interesting image Rae.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see someone doing what they love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice post,there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.Thank you for sharing to us.Please one more post about that..Corporate Entertainment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the photo and the info. Will look out for Tashi next time I am in Degraves Street.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a surreal look to the light and glowing green color. Very cool environmental portrait of Tashi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go to that place and stay at the nicest accommodation in town.

    Pousadas Em Fortaleza

    ReplyDelete
  7. The light is really unusual in this photo, Rae. Nice job. I miss Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you've done with this one Rae, a picture of an artist taken by an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my friends found your post, it's lovely and thank you so much!
    I'm studying full time at rmit and still paying my rent by making cards, even though it's quite cold I can't help it it's just a wonderful job to have.
    I also have been keeping a blog on wordpress.com so that people can keep in touch with me if they like, where I post photos of cards I've made before I sell them.
    It's http://tashfolio.wordpress.com

    Hope you're having a lovely June!

    tashi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tashi, Glad that you like the image and great to hear that you are still doing your cards, despite the cold! Your work is fabulous. Will definitely check out your blog. June is wet here, but I am sure that it is not as cold as Melbourne! Best wishes with all your art studies, Rae

    ReplyDelete