Thursday, January 12, 2012

Get Your Kicks...


Billy Connolly's book of his Route 66 journey across America from Chicago to Los Angeles is my current bedside table reading. Riding a trike 2248 miles - now what an adventure that would be! How would I go? A 4 wheel drive? Saloon  car (red of course)? Trike? Who knows but perhaps I can continue to dream and plan for a trip maybe in 2013. In the meantime I'll have to get my kicks from this favourite Shaun Gladwell image in Approach to Mundi Mundi which was projected onto walls of the Art Gallery of New South Wales last year as part of the opening celebrations of the John Kaldor Family Collection.  

7 comments:

  1. What gay abandon! I'll try to pick up the book you mentioned/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice writing here, Rae. That image is a pearler if you took it from a projection! Yep, he does epitomise freedom and adventure. How would I go? Not on a bike, as I could not keep it upright. But a nice buttercup yellow peugeot would suit me fine. With the top down ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Are we all ready to go and photograph?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shot to show how desolate and barren it can be out in the outback, and those very loooong straight stretches of road. Great post Rae.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie this was taken from the projection, so I was quite happy with how it turned out. I think I would go with the top down as well. Somehow seems to fit in with this journey. Thanks all for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'll join you in a Citroen 2 CD with soft top - rolled down for the trip Bien sur - in scruffy blue with stickers

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to travel on "66th Road"...
    Best regards from France,

    Pierre

    ReplyDelete