Friday, December 2, 2011

Reflections from the Dam 1


It is a wonderful feeling to wander through the natural bushland that rings some of the five dams on the vineyard. Usually I walk along the same pathways taken by the cattle partly because it is easier to find my way through what remains of the long winter grasses and at this time of year I want to avoid stepping on snakes lingering in the long grass. I don't think that I have seen it so green down here for a while. Usually we are already starting to be concerned about whether there will be enough water to carry us through the summer season and especially when we have between 10 and 12  people  on the vineyard for picking. Even so, since being here for a few days the grass is already starting to look browner as it dries and the green fades. 

4 comments:

  1. It doesn't take long does it Rae, for the landscape to turn from lush green to dried up and brown. I heard on the radio this morning that we are expecting a lot more summer rain this year, if it actually happens it would be great. We should enjoy images like yours above, beautiful watery reflections, while we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured the wonderful muddied shades of colour Rae - I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice photo shot, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete