Saturday, December 10, 2011

Power Station East Perth


While strolling along the Swan River in East Perth I could not resist getting closer to the industrial grunge and rust of the old Power Station. Not so long ago the building was to house some of Perth's cultural activities including the Museum. Now the proposed use of this building is up in the air and planning continues. The Power Station's location by the river is fabulous. Let's hope that whatever the building will be used for in the future public access will be assured. 

6 comments:

  1. This is how I like it! The flower below is a beauty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sort of photographic site is to die for, Rae. I am particularly taken by your composition here, both the colours and the lines. I think I have driven past that site as the road winds around the river. I do hope they do something soon. It has been derelict for quite some time, I feel, like decades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll be so interesting to see what they do with this site, I must admit I was impressed with how they redeveloped the old Swan Brewery site, could be something similar because of the area. You've captured the 'industrial grunge' perfectly in this image Rae, you are a master of composition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the textures in this - many people think we should only photograph the "beautiful" things - they are so blinkered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice shot! Almost abstract and great textures. Would have also worked well as high contrast B&W shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the rust and grunge in this shot Rae.

    ReplyDelete