Friday, October 28, 2011

Flatiron Building

The 22 story Flatiron Building opposite Madison Square Park is a fascinating landmark so named because of the iron like shape. The narrow frontage - not even a couple of metres - points up Broadway like the bow of a ship. When I passed by one time street stalls were set up with tasty looking food and at yet another time with all to meet your recycling and environmental needs. Excellent coffee and cakes at a nearby cafe/deli that seems to have all of the best that is Italian eating kept me going as I continued my wanderings through Union Square, the Flatiron District and Gramercy Park.

4 comments:

  1. Thi ingenuity of architects is indeed amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Iconic building, great shot Rae. What a trip you are having :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AMAZING!! But I wonder why they called it that??!!

    ReplyDelete