Monday, August 22, 2011

Fishing at Jetty Street, Claremont



After a wonderful stay in Sydney, it was time to return to Perth. Over the weekend, I went to the UWA Extension course about blogging by Amanda Kendle. The course was held at Christ Church Grammar School near the Swan River in Claremont. Lunch was at the Bethesda Hospital cafe which is open to the public. The river views are superb.

Of course, my camera came along with me and after the course finished I went down to the river to explore. Although I have driven past many times, this is the first time I have stopped to take a closer look. The weather was warm and as evening was approaching, people were starting to gather on the jetty for their night's fishing. Another wonderful spot in Perth discovered.

8 comments:

  1. What a great spot for fishing Rae, it's far enough out, so deep enough to catch something interesting! I agree, it doesn't matter how long you live in a place, there are always places you drive by without stopping! Wonderful perspective on this shot and puffy cloud formations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photo Rae. It was a beautiful winter's day. I love the story you have written!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! (and thanks for the mention!). Ditto for me - I've often driven around here (and lunched at Bethesda) without stopping for a proper look - I must do that next time!
    It was lovely to meet you on Saturday and I very much look forward to following your blog's progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh - we can expect lots of interesting new things in your blog eh Rae?! Not that I'm complaining about it now you understand!
    The cloud formation and depth of jetty in this shot are quite superb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Craig, I can certainly say that I learnt heaps and met some great people. All I need now is a bit more time! Still, as I will become a 'freelancer' in November, who knows!

    Thanks everyone for your comments and Amanda and Jenny, great to hear from you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like an ideal place to relax and enjoy the setting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Classic composition, Rae. I love how you lead us onto the jetty.

    ReplyDelete